Christ Church is a vibrant and growing Anglican (ACNA) church in downtown Austin, Texas with 500 active worshippers. Christ Church is called into the heart of the city, to bear witness to the goodness of God and the bounty of Jesus’ reign in every arena of life. We want to be used of God so that no one stands alone: no one in Christ Church; no one in Austin; no one in the world. It is our hope that all people would stand in the company of Christ and His people.
This vision calls upon the time, treasure and talents of the people of God to be engaged with purpose, directed toward a hurting world and making a difference in the streets, homes and workplaces of Austin, and beyond. Why? So that ultimately, we might exalt Jesus Christ. We’re called to be a people of changed lives, serving our world, together in the heart of Austin for the praise of His glory.
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time or Part-Time, Non-Exempt
To apply for this position: Submit an application.
The purpose of this position is to provide effective administrative support to the church staff as well as direct operational support to the Director of Operations. This position is responsible for office management, event coordination, communications coordination, coordination of day-to-day operational processes, and receptionist duties.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Answer and direct phone calls, emails, visitors and other correspondence to appropriate staff in a courteous, friendly, professional and timely manner
- Manage the church database:
- Own and optimize church management system: Become the organizational expert in system functionality (Planning Center)
- Manage parishioner information, registrations, volunteer scheduling and facility calendar application
- Create and maintain contact lists for various functions
- Perform visitor follow-up and post information to church management software
- Track and update life events of parishioners, such as baptisms, weddings, funerals, baby dedications, making necessary updates in church management software
- Coordinate regular opportunities for parishioner information to be updated
- Manage church records and staff central files digitally and manually
- Coordinate meetings and take detailed minutes; maintain meeting notes, follow-up communications and status updates
- Coordinate and maintain daily operational/administrative procedures with staff and parish
- Carry out regular administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, printing, binding, scanning, etc.
- Assist the Director of Operations with:
- writing and distributing correspondence
- monthly expense reports
- Provide support to the Business Manager and Treasurer as needed
- Work with and take direction from the Communication Manager in matters of public communication, assisting them with the execution of communications
- Prepare and print weekly worship bulletins
- Format and send weekly electronic newsletter
- Print periodical special event collateral
- Update church web site events, announcements and homepage on a weekly basis
- Prepare and execute periodic bulk mailings
OFFICE MANAGEMENT & HOSPITALITY
- Ensure operation of office equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and opportunities
- Manage church calendars and associated scheduling processes including internal staff calendar, public calendar and facility use calendar
- Serve as host to incoming visitors, offering coffee or other drinks that are available and announce their arrival to the appropriate party
- Maintain a clean and tidy office between custodial cleanings
- Maintain office and facility inventory, order supplies, research and maintain accounts with suppliers
- Plan, coordinate and execute many small and medium size events/gatherings, working with stakeholders to define the scope, develop human resources and/or external vendors, and coordinate event logistics
- Coordinate volunteers and other arrangements for weekly services and special services
- Coordinate facility schedule and resources with ministry leaders and facilities staff for ongoing ministry activity
- Assist the Director of Operations in coordination and execution of major church events.
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Embrace the following Christ Church leadership values, expected of all staff and vestry: catalytic, fun-loving, hard-working, perpetually learning, relational, risk-taking
- Maintain a lifestyle of high Christian character, both personally and professionally
- Self motivated, primarily driven by a healthy desire to perform, achieve and develop, seeing each responsibility as an opportunity
- Be an outstanding problem solver and trouble-shooter demonstrating resourcefulness, improvisation and adaptability
- Demonstrate foresight to anticipate needs of the church staff and provide solutions before the problem arises
- Demonstrate “tech savviness” – must have a robust digital skillset as well as a distinct aptitude for learning new software applications. Must have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Google suite as well as working in a Mac environment. Experience with Adobe InDesign a plus
- Have prior professional experience with church management software (required); Planning Center experience is a plus
- Possess excellent professional written and verbal communication skills demonstrating ability to understand each communication’s purpose and audience
- Have a proven ability to prioritize a rapidly changing “to do” list and complete work accordingly, determining how, when and to what degree something needs to get done according to team culture and desired outcomes.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact in a professional, winsome way with many different types of people
- Commit to maintain confidentiality of personal information of the congregation and staff
- Have the ability to analyze and organize complex data
- Have the ability to manage project details and meet deadlines.
- Attend work on time, with full attention and with ability to vary schedule when needed.
- Commitment to good interpersonal relationships, teamwork and support of church ministries, and a pleasant personality.
To apply for this position: Submit an application.
Reports to: Business Administrator
Christ Church is hiring a part-time Accounting Assistant who will contribute to consistent and accurate accounting data and processes as part of the operations team. This position reports directly to the Business Administrator with general direction from the Director of Operations. This position requires an exceptionally high level confidentiality in dealing with financial and human resources information. The work is done in a team environment and involves a blend of independent and team work.
- Assist the Business Administrator through weekly processing of income in the form of online giving, checks and cash deposit preparation.
- Assist the Business Administrator through weekly expense recording for credit card, check, bill-pay software and petty cash purchasing.
- General data entry for financial reporting, utility reporting and payroll administration.
- Filing of paper and digital church records.
- Occasional, short-term administrative projects as assigned.
- Strong record of handling confidential information appropriately.
- Proactive and self-motivated disposition.
- Disposition towards task-oriented work satisfaction.
- Desire to work as a team with the staff of Christ Church.
- Excels in data accuracy and information organization.
- Ability to work on-site at the church with reliable transportation.
Terms of Employment
This is a part-time, hourly position; estimated 10 hours per week. Background checks are required for all Christ Church employees.
How to Apply
Caregiver Team Member
Reports to: Director of Children’s Ministry
Job Description: Christ Church is hiring part-time, paid caregivers for infants through elementary-age children on Sunday mornings and some weeknights. If you have a heart to connect children with the gospel of Christ while providing excellent care for them, please complete this application.
We have many openings, provide paid training and pay $12/hour.