Christ Church is a vibrant and growing Anglican (ACNA) church in downtown Austin, Texas with 500 active worshippers. Christ Church is called into the heart of the city, to bear witness to the goodness of God and the bounty of Jesus’ reign in every arena of life. We want to be used of God so that no one stands alone: no one in Christ Church; no one in Austin; no one in the world. It is our hope that all people would stand in the company of Christ and His people.
This vision calls upon the time, treasure and talents of the people of God to be engaged with purpose, directed toward a hurting world and making a difference in the streets, homes and workplaces of Austin, and beyond. Why? So that ultimately, we might exalt Jesus Christ. We’re called to be a people of changed lives, serving our world, together in the heart of Austin for the praise of His glory.
No current openings
- Assist the Rector in the pastoral leadership of the parish, pastoral care of the parish and the education and equipping of members for life and ministry. The list below represents the main categories of responsibility with examples that are representative of the role.The candidate’s experience, gifts and calling will also contribute to the shape of the role.
- Pastoral Leadership
- Actively grow and build community among young adults
- Provide oversight to some lay-led ministry teams
- Assist with leading Sunday worship and occasional preaching
- Disciple and develop new leaders in the parish
- Serve as a catalyst for possible new initiatives
- Lead the assimilation process
- Pastoral Care
- Direct lay-led pastoral care initiatives, as well as provide personal pastoral counsel; experience/familiarity with healing prayer is also desirable
- Sick and Homebound Visits
- Assist, as needed, with weddings, funerals and baptisms
- Education and Equipping
- Assist the current Small Groups Pastor with oversight of small group ministry
- Lead and/or assist with The Alpha Course or similar courses, as offered
- Teach and train, in partnership with others, in classroom or other formats, to “equip the saints” for a fruitful life and ministry
- Plan Occasional Community Building and Outreach Events
- Additional/alternate roles will be considered, subject to candidate’s giftings and calling
- Perform other duties, as assigned by the Rector
Reports to Rector
- The candidate will have a seminary degree and will have been ordained as an Anglican priest. (Some exceptions may be made for candidates still in the ordination process.)
- The candidate will be a strong addition to the core leadership team who can contribute creative ideas, wisdom and contribute constructively to the overall vision, direction and tone of the church.
- The candidate will be effective at building teams, leading teams and serving as part of a team.
The candidate will embrace the following Christ Church leadership values, expected of all staff and Vestry:
- Catalytic: Able to make things happen; initiates transformation/formation; generative
- Fun-loving: Light-hearted and joyful; not taking ourselves too seriously
- Hard-working: Has whole-hearted devotion to our work; cares about our work in a way that aims for results and excellence
- Perpetually learning: Always reading and listening; looks for ways to keep growing/learning within ourselves and within our ministries; asks good questions
- Relational: Relates to each other and parishioners with a “people first” mentality; contributes to a culture of care and trust
- Risk-taking: Willing to take a chance, to fail; is adaptable and willing to think outside the box
- The candidate will maintain a personal and professional lifestyle of high Christian character.
This is a full-time salaried position, with benefits.
To apply, please submit a resume, with references and contact information, and responses to the Questionnaire. Candidates might be asked to later submit or link to a sermon sample and complete an assessment tool for gifts/traits/skills. Please submit all application materials electronically. You may follow this link for the questionnaire. There is a link within the questionnaire to submit your resume.
Send Resume and Application to the attention of:
The Rev. Cliff Warner
Christ Church, 112 Medina Street, Austin, Texas 78702