The Lord’s Prayer for Christ Church and the Warner Family
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name
- Warners – May they rest in you as their Father and King.
- Christ Church – May we know and honor your holiness, power, glory, and love.
Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven
- Warners – May they come to a deeper awareness and acceptance of how you are calling them to serve in your kingdom.
- Christ Church – May we have a stronger desire to see your life, power, values, and desires made manifest here and now in Austin and the world.
Give us this day our daily bread
- Warners – May they know that every good thing in their life is a gift from you, and may they find nourishment and rest mentally, physically, relationally, emotionally, and spiritually.
- Christ Church – May we give you humble thanks for the ways you have gone above and beyond to provide for our church’s needs, and may we never forget those who are hungry, impoverished, unemployed, and needy.
And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us
- Warners – May they know the depths and power of your forgiving love demonstrated on the cross.
- Christ Church – May we be a community that welcomes those on the edges of our community, and may your Holy Spirit cultivate in us more of your mercy, compassion, patience, kindness, gentleness, and generosity.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil
- Warners – May they be protected from doubt in their hearts, division in their marriage, and distance in their family life; keep them close to you and to one another.
- Christ Church – May we resist the lure to make something of ourselves, and help us to simply remain faithful to you and manifest the upside-down, self-emptying love of your kingdom.