JOB DESCRIPTION: ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT
Position: Accounting Assistant, Christ Church 112 Medina Street, Austin, Texas 78702
Reports to: Asst to the Dir of Operations
Christ Church is looking for a part-time Accounting Assistant who will contribute to consistent and accurate accounting data and processes as part of the support staff for our staff team. This position reports directly to the Asst to the Director of Operations. This position requires an exceptionally high level of confidentiality in dealing with financial and human resources information. The work is done in a team environment and involves a blend of independent and team work.
- Assist the Asst to the Dir of Operation through weekly processing of income in the form of online giving, checks and cash deposit preparation.
- Assist the Asst to the Dir of Operations through weekly expense recording for credit card, check, bill-pay software and petty cash purchasing.
- General data entry for financial reporting, utility reporting and payroll administration.
- Filing of paper and digital church records.
- Occasional, short-term administrative projects as assigned.
- Strong record of handling confidential information appropriately.
- Proactive and self-motivated disposition.
- Disposition towards task-oriented work satisfaction.
- Desire to work as support staff with the staff of Christ Church.
- Excels in data accuracy and information organization.
- Ability to work on-site at the church with reliable transportation.
Terms of Employment
This is a part-time, hourly position; estimated 15-20 hours per week.
Background checks are required for all Christ Church employees.
To apply, please copy and paste the following link in your browser and complete the form: https://ccaustin.wufoo.com/forms/zg36f3q0dz2hm3/