Dear Christ Church,
I am really excited about what God is doing at Christ Church this fall. We are kicking it off with joy and anticipation this Sunday as we all gather at our Medina St. property for only two services, 9am and 11am.
5 Reasons You Don’t Want to Miss this Sunday’s Kickoff:
1. Because you will see people you’ve missed lately as all three services come back together for morning worship, and everyone returns from summer travels.
2. Because we will worship God as a whole congregation for the first time on our new property in the downtown Eastside.
3. Because the Prologue to David continues . . . Last week it was Hannah; this week it’s Samuel, as we work our way into the fall sermon series on the Life of David.
4. Because there will be great fun, food, and parish fellowship following the second service, in an indoor-outdoor party.
5. Because you will “make new friends and keep the old ones,” (remember that children’s song?) as we hang out after worship and sign up for small groups.
Please take a moment to look over these details for Sunday.
On another note, today is the anniversary of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech from the March on Washington in 1963, which was the subject of my biggest high school research paper. Many time since, I have re-read this speech in which he tells the nation, “I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.” We still have much work ahead of us to realize of this dream.